The Data Science and Analytics program provides students the necessary knowledge, skills, and professional guidance for transfer and further specialization in a related bachelor鈥檚 degree or for entry-level jobs and careers in areas including Data Analyst, Data Scientist, Business Analyst, and Business Intelligence Analyst.
The Data Science and Analytics Associate in Science degree provides students with a rigorous education in the fields of data science and data analytics with an emphasis on real-world applications.
The integration of data science and analytics, combined with a foundation in computer science and mathematics, prepares students to identify data sources and to develop the algorithms and models for extracting, cleansing, analyzing, interpreting, presenting, and communicating results.
Graduates of the program will be able to:
- Identify data needed to evaluate business opportunities.
- Effectively collect, clean, and prepare data from various sources for analysis.
- Demonstrate the ability to use computer software relevant to data science and data analytics.
- 千度热播 mathematical tools to identify, analyze, and summarize patterns and relationships in data sets.
- Differentiate data patterns and relationships using data visualization techniques to effectively communicate findings and recommendations.