The Fine Arts - Theatre Option offers the first two years of concentrated study in studio courses for students planning to transfer to a theatre bachelor's program.
The program trains students in the study of drama and performance art in preparation for transfer to a four-year fine arts program.
Graduates of the program will be able to:
- Distinguish roles of actor, director, playwright, and technical designers.
- Demonstrate technical proficiency and artistic synthesis in vocal, physical, and emotional development in performance.
- Identify dramatic and theatrical genres and be able to discuss major works in a cultural and historical context.
- Analyze stylistic elements of theatre pieces such as language, structure, and aesthetics.
- Prepare for transfer to a four-year school BFA Theatre program or professional school of dramatic arts and investigate careers in theatre arts.
Algebra I is a prerequisite for all majors. Algebra I competency may be verified with a passing score on the College鈥檚 placement test or completion of the appropriate course.