The Media Arts and Design program combines computer-linked commercial photography and commercial art with business and general education.
The program emphasizes hands-on experience in the laboratory or studio to develop both creative ability and the mechanical skills essential to business-oriented art and photography careers
Graduates of the Program will be able to:
- Utilize professional practices to create a variety of digital media.
- Explore a range of digital and traditional media art forms.
- Create a professional portfolio presentation representing versatility in digital media arts.
- Explore and apply history and principles of art to a variety of projects.
- Utilize art and design principles and techniques as professional practice.
Students must demonstrate Algebra I competency before taking courses in the major. Algebra I competency may be verified with a passing score on the College鈥檚 placement test or by completing the appropriate class.