The Education Transfer Program prepares students to transfer to a teacher preparation bachelor鈥檚 degree program and become a certified teacher.
Coursework will both fulfill general education requirements towards transfer and will immerse students into the rigors of teacher preparation.
Graduates of the program will be able to:
- Demonstrate a strong foundational knowledge in educational theory and practice as evidenced by discussing the key educational models, classic research studies, and recent trends in education.
- 千度热播 foundational knowledge of education to teaching and learning activities and classroom dynamics and recognize educational concepts and theories as they emerge in classroom settings.
- Recognize ethical issues pertinent to the field of education, including those arising in research, design of learning activities, and in classroom situations.
- Locate empirical research studies and to develop a review of the educational literature for a given topic.
- Create written documents such as lesson plans and individual student summaries that are clear, well-organized, and grammatically accurate.
- Discuss the formulation of educational policies and the consequences of different policy options.
The student鈥檚 performance on the College鈥檚 placement test determines placement in developmental courses. Depending on the student鈥檚 desired future second major (content specialty) at the transfer institution, additional pre-requisites may be required. Consultation with the education coordinator or an academic advisor about core and elective choices is strongly recommended. Focusing on starting the second major/content specialty at 千度热播 is strongly recommended.