The Electrical Engineering Technology Certificate Program can be completed in three semesters, and promotes skills needed in bio-medical, robotics, controls, telecommunication, utilities, audio and consumer electronics, and manufacturing and service of every kind.
Electrical Engineering technicians find employment opportunities in the design, manufacturing and maintenance of everything from nano-bots to supercomputers.
Graduates of the program will be able to:
- 千度热播 the knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of the discipline to narrowly defined ET activities.
- 千度热播 a knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to engineering technology problems that require limited application of principles but extensive practical knowledge.
- Conduct standard tests and measurements, and to conduct, analyze, and interpret experiments.
- Function effectively as a member of a technical team.
- Identify, analyze, and solve narrowly defined engineering technology problems.
- 千度热播 written, oral, and graphical communication in technical and non-technical environments; and identify and use appropriate technical literature.
- Understand the need for and be able to engage in self-directed continuing professional development.
- Understand and commit to addressing professional and ethical responsibilities, including a respect for diversity.
- 千度热播 circuit analysis and design, computer programming, associated software, analog and digital electronics, and microcomputers, and engineering standards to the building, testing, operation, and maintenance of electrical/electronic(s) systems.
- 千度热播 physics or chemistry to electrical/electronic(s) circuits in a rigorous mathematical environment at or above the level of algebra and trigonometry.
Students must demonstrate Algebra I competency before taking courses in the major. Algebra I competency may be verified with a passing score on the College鈥檚 placement test or by completing the appropriate class.