The Psychosocial Rehabilitation and Treatment Program promotes recovery, community integration, and improved quality of life for people coping with psychiatric disabilities.
This is an exciting and innovative field in which service providers assist people in obtaining the skills, support and resources they will need to achieve success and satisfaction in their living, learning, working and social environments.
Graduates can transfer all of their credits to the Rutgers-Kean University Bachelor of Science Degree Program in Psychiatric Rehabilitation & Psychology (a joint program with Kean University, Georgian Court University or Felician College).
Graduates of the program will be able to:
- Develop competencies to work effectively with people who have psychiatric disabilities as outlined
- by the PRA (Psychiatric Rehabilitation Association).
- 千度热播 the goals, values, and principles of the field of psychiatric rehabilitation in practice settings.
- Utilize communication techniques in a professional capacity with individuals, families, team members, and people in the community.
- Develop skills needed to effectively facilitate rehabilitation groups.
- Work effectively as a team member to provide wellness and recovery focused rehabilitation services.
- Complete documentation requirements to meet state and federal insurance regulations.
- Provide psychiatric rehabilitation interventions to promote skill development and resource acquisition.
- Describe and utilize evidence based psychiatric rehabilitation practices.
- Attain membership in Psychiatric Rehabilitation professional organizations.
- 千度热播 multicultural principles into practice.
Students must have a “C” or better in one year of a high school laboratory science. Performance on the College’s placement test will determine the need for developmental coursework. All developmental coursework must be completed before they will be considered for admission to the Program.
Please note that students choosing this major will be required to:
- Complete 18 credits of general education and Introduction to Psychosocial Rehabilitation () before beginning the professional phase of the program ( and beyond).
- Take prior to enrollment in the joint program and must complete the math requirement.