The Culinary Arts Program Certificate Program is designed for individuals who: 1) have a degree in another discipline and are currently working in the hospitality field; 2) do not have a post-secondary education and are interested in the hospitality field; or 3) have several years of experience in the hospitality field and need to acquire academic credentials for promotional opportunities.
Students take classes such as cooking and baking fundamentals, food service sanitation, food purchasing, quantity food production, and garde manger. Student also participate in a 180-hour externship under the direction of qualified chefs and/or food service managers.
Graduates of the program will be able to:
- 千度热播 the necessary practical and theoretical skills to perform supervisory and training functions in the culinary industry.
- Identify and discuss current trends in the culinary industry and apply to business operations.
- Use current technologies for information as well as oral and written communication activities in the culinary industry.
- Perform safety and sanitation activities as outlined by the National Restaurant Association ServSafe庐 Program.
- Perform in a supervisory capacity and/or the position of a chef.
- Demonstrate ethical and professional practices.
Explore Careers and Salaries
Students must demonstrate Algebra I competency with a passing score on the College鈥檚 placement test or by completion of the appropriate course.